publication date: Jan 16, 2012
author/source: Kate Faulkner, Property Expert and Author of Which? Property Books
Land Registry's Latest Property Stats for London
Sold For House Prices - London
The Land Registry recently published a review of its property information for London from January through to November 2011 (inclusive).
Here are a few of the Land Registry London property statistics reported:-
- The average price paid for a property in London in 2011 was £342,467 (compared to £336,358 in 2010). This compares to an average price of £161,727 for England and Wales
- The most expensive property sold in London in 2011 was for £19.25 million for a detached property in NW3 (Hampstead)
- The cheapest property sold in London in 2011 was for £67,500 for a flat in DA8 (Bexley)
- The borough with the biggest price fall over the year was Newham
- The borough with the biggest price rise over the year was the City Of Westminster
- From January to November inclusive there were 74,573 property sales in London
- The borough with the most property sales was Wandsworth
- The borough with the least property sales was Barking & Dagenham
- Flats saw the most sales in London in 2011
- Detached houses saw the fewest sales in 2011
- The number of properties sold for over £1 million in London during 2011 was 3,626
- 14 of these were sold for over £10 million
For more information or to read the full release, visit the Land Registry website.
For all of Kate Faulkner's latest property price statistics, including past, current and future, READ MORE.
NEED HELP FROM THE DESIGNS ON PROPERTY EXPERTS?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a one of our FREE Property Checklists.
Do you have a property question? GET AN INDEPENDENT ANSWER! ASK US via our PROPERTY FORUM, email email@example.com or call 0845 838 1763.
|Get a helping hand with our new Sellers Service for just £19.99!|
Property expert, Kate Faulkner, has joined forces with B&Q and other industry experts to offer a unique service, where you purchase a ‘property project pack’ that gives you:-
- An A4 ‘how to’ guide (approx 80 pages), containing Dos and Don’ts, Factsheets, Checklists, Handy Tips and Forms
- Access to Kate and her team, by phone and email, for any queries you might have during your project.
See the full list of Kate Faulkner's unique Property Services here!