publication date: Jan 3, 2012
author/source: Kate Faulkner, Property Expert and Author of Which? Property Books
Land Registry Reveals Latest Property Information for 2011
Sold For House Prices
The Land Registry recently published a review of its property information for January through to November 2011 (inclusive), which covers England and Wales.
Here are some of the Land Registry statistics reported:-
- The average price paid for a property in England and Wales in 2011 was £161,727 (compared to £164,916 in 2010)
- The most expensive property sold in England and Wales in 2011 was for £19.25 million for a detached house in Hampstead, north London
- The cheapest property sold in England and Wales in 2011 was for £16,000 for a terraced house in Middlesbrough
- The region with the biggest price fall over the year was the North East (-5.4%)
- The region with the biggest price rise over the year was London (1.4%)
- From January to November inclusive, there were 539,577 property sales in England and Wales
- The county with the most property sales was Greater London
- The county with the least property sales was Merthyr Tydfil
- Terraced houses were the type of property to see the most sales in 2011
- Flats saw the fewest sales in 2011
- Average prices by property type over 2011:-
Detached - £255,788
Semi-detached - £153,158
Terraced - £122,867
Flat/maisonette - £150,949
- The number of properties sold for over £1 million in England and Wales over 2011 was 6,275
- 16 of these were sold for over £10 million
Visit the Land Registry website for more information.
For all of Kate Faulkner's latest property price statistics, including past, current and future, READ MORE.
NEED HELP FROM THE DESIGNS ON PROPERTY EXPERTS?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a one of our FREE Property Checklists.
Do you have a property question? GET AN INDEPENDENT ANSWER! ASK US via our PROPERTY FORUM, email email@example.com or call 0845 838 1763.
|Get a helping hand with our new Sellers Service for just £19.99!|
Property expert, Kate Faulkner, has joined forces with B&Q and other industry experts to offer a unique service, where you purchase a ‘property project pack’ that gives you:-
- An A4 ‘how to’ guide (approx 80 pages), containing Dos and Don’ts, Factsheets, Checklists, Handy Tips and Forms
- Access to Kate and her team, by phone and email, for any queries you might have during your project.
See the full list of Kate Faulkner's unique Property Services here!